It is about time to start orthodontic treatment either for yourself or your kid. You start doing your research or start asking your friends! There is a good chance that you are overwhelmed by the response! Probably wondering how you can choose the best one for you or your kid. It is not a decision that can be taken lightly. You will be going to an orthodontist office for 1-2 years. You need an orthodontist that is close to your home, a place where you can feel comfortable, and someone you can trust with your smile. At iSmile Orthodontics in Redmond, Dr Sepi always recommends patients to do their research and look at all their options before committing to an office. Here are a few easy guidelines that will help you choose the right one for you and your family.
- Look into training, and education of your orthodontist. Look up the list of orthodontists at a national Orthodontist locator. There is also a national website that shows you all the orthodontists that are board-certified. Not all orthodontists are board certified. Board certification is an additional step that ensures the quality of the work and knowledge of the orthodontist. Some orthodontists are more experienced in treating adult patients which are usually more complicated cases. University of Washington provides special training in treating adult patients. At iSmile Orthodontics, Dr Sepi Torkan has a lot of experience when it comes to treating more complicated cases thanks to her training at the University of Washington and her history in treating such cases. Through detailed communication with your dentist, Dr Sepi will make sure your whole treatment plan is fully though through before you even start treatment.
- Check the google reviews and their social media. It is always a good idea to check the reviews of the office you want to go to. Read the reviews and pay attention to the things that have been important to other reviewers. Are those criteria what you are looking for as well. At iSmile Orthodontics, we have been blessed with great patients who love to tell others about us. Read their rave reviews and find out why they chose us. Also check their social media. Is your orthodontist easy to get hold of? There might be questions or emergencies that come up with orthodontic treatment. An orthodontist who is easy to talk to is a must!
- Know your treatment options . Most orthodontist offer free initial exam. During the initial exam, your orthodontist will take a series of x-rays and photos and talk to you about treatment options. This is going to be very valuable as your orthodontist will explain to you why treatment is needed, what options you have (braces vs aligners or Invisalign), and how much it is going to cost. You will get a feel for the office and see if your orthodontist is addressing your most important concerns.
- Consider the cost of treatment. Orthodontic treatment is a big investment for a great cause. It is not just about cosmetics, but through an enhanced alignment of your teeth, your overall health and life expectancy increases too. What you should also ask is if there are any additional costs related to your treatment, if there is any insurance coverage, or payment plans. Just make sure you know the whole scope of treatment and what is covered before you commit.
- Ask about the frequency of your follow up appointments . Orthodontic treatment is an ongoing process. You will need to go in for adjusts and checks. Ask your orthodontist who often you need to go in. Some types of treatment need more frequent visits and some types of treatment enable you to continue your daily routine and go in for your treatment once every few months. At iSmile Orthodontics, Dr Sepi offers clear aligners that need to be checked only once every 2-3 months. When it is time to do your appointment, you can choose to go in or do a virtual appointment from the comfort of your own home. Dr Sepi will do a secure virtual appointment and check the progress of your treatment. At iSmile Orthodontics, we understand that life can be very busy and leave you with very little time to spare! Making it to orthodontic appointments every month can be difficult for more people nowadays! At iSmile Orthodontics in Redmond, We have solved that problem!
- Know your treatment options are up to date! Just like every other science, orthodontic treatment changes all the times. With new advances, orthodontic treatment has become more and more refined and easier to tolerate. Check and see if your orthodontist is up to date with the technology and most recent advances in their field. At iSmile Orthodontics, we have the most recent technology for advanced treatment. Dr Sepi is also an affiliate faculty at the University of Washington and a reviewer for some of the most prestigious journals in the field of orthodontics. She has also published many papers in this field as well, and all these make her an expert in her field.
- Check how close the orthodontic office is to your home. Orthodontic treatment is an ongoing process and you will need to go in at least once every few months. It would be ideal if the orthodontist office is close to your home. At iSmile Orthodontics, our office is conveniently located in Redmond, and is in very close proximity to Woodinville, and Kirkland.
There you have it! These are all the things that will help you make an informed decision. Know before you commit because you only deserve the best!