A quick quiz to know if you need braces or orthodontic treatment.
A lot of our patients have been wondering if they even need braces or Invisalign, or if they would even benefit from them. Once we outline the problems we see and things that could be fixed with orthodontic treatment, they are often surprised. But how would you know that you need braces or that orthodontic treatment would change your smile or your chewing function for the better,
Here is a quick quiz that will help you find out if you need braces/Invisalign
- Do you have difficulty flossing in between your teeth
- Do you notice that your bottom front teeth are becoming more crooked over time
- 3. Are you noticing a lot of gum recession on your teeth? Specially lower front teeth
- Do your gums bleed a lot when you brush even though you are doing your best brushing and flossing
- Do your teeth stay slightly (or lot) apart when you try to bite down all the way (are you missing the lettuce in the hamburger for example)? (openbite)
- Are you frequently biting your cheek or your lips or your tongue
- Are your teeth visibly crooked
- Do you have clicking or jaw joint problem
If you answered YES to one or more than one of these questions, you can greatly benefit from Invisalign or braces to improve the health and/or appearance of your teeth. At iSmile Orthodontics, Dr Sepi will do your first free exam to determine how you will benefit from braces and to decide if you are a candidate for Clear aligners or if you need braces. With our Champagne Gold brackets, you will hardly see the braces even if you get braces.
How do I know if my kid needs braces?
If you are wondering if your kid could benefit from braces, we have the answer for you. Your pediatric dentist will most probably refer you to an orthodontist as soon as your kid needs to be seen.
But here is a quick quiz that will determine if your kid could benefit from braces.
- Are the lower front teeth growing on the inside (more towards the tongue)
- Does your child breath through their mouth (or snores a lot)
- Does your child have a thumb sucking habit or any other digit sucking habits
- Do the front teeth stay apart even if your child is biting down all the way (openbite)
- Is your child losing baby teeth prematurely
- Has your child lost his/her baby teeth and permanent ones are not coming in
- Are teeth visibly crooked
- Does your kid have an overjet problem
Again, if you answered YES to one or more of the above questions, you need to see an orthodontist. You do not need an appointment to see an orthodontist. The first exam is free.
If you live in Kirkland, Woodinville, Redmond or Bellevue, we can easily see you for your first free exam. Dr Sepi will do a 3 dimensional x-ray if needed to look at the structure of the face, mouth and the teeth and determine if treatment is needed and how braces/Invisalign or clear aligners can improve them.